The sounds of the word B-o-l-l-y-w-o-o-d send a crazy chill down our spine. For some, the scenes of ACTION replay again in the minds, while for others, the LATKE and JHATKE make the bodies gyrate. Whether it is the “Mai aaj bhi phenke hue paise nahi uthata” to the “Ata Maazi satakli”, bollywood runs in our veins since generations and will continue – Jab tak Suraj Chand Rahega, bollywood tera naam rahega.
That’s precisely the reason why film producers put in every ounce of their strength to release their films during the Moolah Period aka – Dussera, Diwali, Christmas and Eid. Be it for the Khans, or the Gen X of the film industry, Friday / Release date makes the audience the King of Bollywood.
So what’s in store for Bollywood lovers this festive season?
1. Main Aur Charles – The Biopic season starts with this Randeep Hooda starrer, showcasing the life of Serial Killer Charles Sobhraj and his notorious life episodes. This movie will change fortune for Randeep for sure, so keep yourself free on 30th October if you wish to know more about the unfathomable con man!
2. Prem Ratan Dhan Payo – Bhai needs no introduction and so does Sooraj Barjatya. Collaborating on their 4th film together after a gap of 16 years, Salman Khan and Sooraj Barjatya have left no stone unturned to give the audience the Trade-mark Rajshri film – Saaf Suthri Aadarsh Pariwaar film on 12th November
3. Tamasha – The super-hit on-screen pair of Ranbir and Deepika has to get only better when Imitiaz Ali lends his direction. AR Rahman once again weaves his magic through his stunning music. 27th November is all set to have a rocking Tamasha happening!
4. Wazir – What happens when two unlikely people bond as friends due to anguish and tale of fate and have someone in the dark who is ready to spoil their game? Watch it for these two actors – Senior Bachchan, after his role as irritant restless father in Piku, gets into the roles of a chess grandmaster whom fate has bound to a wheelchair. Farhan Akhtar after his peppy role in Dil Dhadakne Do gets serious as an ATS officer.
5. Bajirao Mastani – Sanjay Leela Bansali is back; and back with a bang! Bigger, Costlier and Larger than life. Slated to be as Bansali’s dream project, which was announced in 2003, Bajirao Mastani has seen an array of actors in the “Wish-List” of “To-be-casted”. From the highly acclaimed Salu-Ash pair to that of casting of Bebo, Rani, Katrina Kaif, SRK, Hrithik Roshan and Ajay Devgan, the rumor list seemed endless. Finally SLB has roped in the latest off-screen and on-screen couple Ranveer Singh and Deepika Padukone as the Lead pair. Book your seats on 18th December for History to be re-lived again.
6. Dilwale – Kajol & SRK are back with their fairy tale romance after being paired 5 years back for My Name is Khan. The film was all rumored to be a remake of Old Hindi Movie, but as long as we have SRK and Kajol opposite each other, do we care about it? Hold on to your seats on 18th December, for Rohit Shetty’s Dilwale is sure to make a loud noise!
Trailer: Yet to be released